The moon-landing spot is now ‘Shiv Shakti’
On Saturday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared that the location of Chandrayaan-3’s Vikram lander’s landing would be known as “Shiv Shakti,” and the location of Chandrayaan-2’s lunar footprint would be known as “Tiranga.”
Naming Lunar Points:
- Two distinct places on the lunar surface have been given names by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- ‘Shiv Shakti’ will be the name of the location where Chandrayaan-3’s Vikram lander successfully touched down.
- ‘Tiranga’ will be the name given to the location on the lunar surface where Chandrayaan-2 left its mark.
Significance of Names:
- The name “Shiv Shakti” has symbolic meanings: “Shiv” stands for the resolve to improve humanity, and “Shakti” stands for the power required to carry out those resolutions.
- These lunar sites were given names to create a sense of continuity between the Himalayas in the north and Kanyakumari in the south of India.
- Tiranga Point serves as a constant reminder that failures and setbacks should not be viewed as the end of an endeavour.
Progress of the Pragyan Rover:
- The Pragyan rover, a part of the Chandrayaan-3 project, has travelled around 12 meters on the lunar surface.
- The rover’s movement is intended to take pictures of the Vikram lander that will show off its versatility and capacities.
- A secure landing, rover mobility, and performing research on the lunar surface are all goals of the mission.
Recognition and National Pride:
- According to Prime Minister Modi, India’s scientific and technological ability has been recognized internationally as a result of the Chandrayaan-3 mission’s accomplishment.
- The mission is viewed as a symbol of India’s courageous and unyielding attitude, which can confront major world issues and provide solutions.
Encouragement of Scientific Research:
- The Chandrarayaan 3’s success will foster young people’s interest in science and advance our understanding of ancient astronomy.
- He emphasized the need to revisit and confirm the astronomical knowledge contained in the ancient Indian scriptures.
- Students at all levels of education are seen as having a dual responsibility for promoting research and disseminating discoveries.
Role of ISRO:
- The Prime Minister recognized the crucial role that organizations like the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) have played in improving India’s standing in the realm of space exploration.
- He credited agencies like ISRO with helping India go from a fledgling country to a key participant in the international space community.