Vande Bharat production to begin in Oct.: Minister
About Vande Bharat Express:
- Vande Bharat Express is an indigenously designed and manufactured semi high speed, self-propelled train that is created as the next major leap for the Indian Railways in terms of speed and passenger convenience.
- The Vande Bharat Express project was designated as Train 18 during the development phase.
- The first Vande Bharat train was manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai, as part of the ‘Make in India’ programme.
- The new train is faster, easier to maintain, consumes less energy, and has greater flexibility in operation.
- Currently two Vande Bharat Express are running in the country; one between New Delhi and Varanasi and the other from New Delhi to Katra.
- India aims to build 400 Vande Bharat trains which will be manufactured by 2025.
- It comes in addition to the current plan to be able to run 75 Vande Bharats across India by Independence Day in 2023.
- They are estimated to create additional employment generation of about 10,000-15,000.
Features of Vande Bharat Trains:
- These trains operate without an engine and are based on a propulsion system called distributed traction power technology, by which each car of the train set is powered.
- The coaches of Vande Bharat incorporate passenger amenities including on-board WiFi entertainment, GPS-based passenger information system, CCTVs, automatic doors in all coaches, rotating chairs and bio-vacuum type toilets like in aircraft divyang friendly toilet and automatic sliding cabin doors.
- They can achieve a maximum speed of 160 kmph due to faster acceleration and deceleration, reducing journey time by 25% to 45%.
- It also has an intelligent braking system with power regeneration for better energy efficiency thereby making it cost, energy and environment efficient.
- The current Vande Bharat trains have seating only in two classes — chair car and executive chair car.
Source The Hindu
Click Here, For more updates