- Vinbax is Vietnam-India Bilateral Army Exercise which concluded at Chandimandir with an impressive display of Multi Agency Humanitarian Assistance in Disaster Relief (HADR) demonstration and an equipment display showcasing the Make in India and Atmanirbhar Bharat initiatives.
- It was the first time ever that the Vietnam People’s Army (VPA) was undertaking a Field Training Exercise with any foreign Army.
- The contingents from the two countries underwent theory classes followed by practical exercises to validate the learning. The final validation exercise nicknamed ‘Men in Blue’ was built around the setting up of a base in a remote African location faced with myriad challenges.
- UDARASHAKTI is a bilateral exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF).
- Spanning four days, the exercise saw the two Air Forces work in cohesion through a series of complex aerial combat drills in multiple domains and exercise settings.
Goa becomes the First ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Certified State
- Goa and Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu (D&NH and D&D) became the first ‘Har Ghar Jal’ certified State and UT in the country respectively.
- People from all the villages have declared their village as ‘Har Ghar Jal’ through a resolution passed by Gram Sabha, certifying that all households in the villages have access to safe drinking water through taps, ensuring that ‘No One is Left Out’.
- The process of certification has been detailed out in the Margdarshika of Jal Jeevan Mission.
According to which:
- The field engineer submits a completion certificate regarding the water supply scheme to the Panchayat during Gram Sabha meeting.
- The villages confirm through a resolution of the Gram Sabha, that every household is getting regular supply of water of prescribed quality and not a single household is left out.
- They also confirm that all schools, anganwadi centers and other public institutions are also getting tap water.