Chennai Airport becomes fifth busiest in Country
- Eight of the top 10 busiest airports as per passenger traffic are in the United States with the two remaining in China.
About Airports Authority of India (AAI):
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) was constituted by an Act of Parliament on 1st April 1995.
- It was created by merging National Airports Authority and International Airports Authority of India.
- AAI is given the responsibility of creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure both on the ground and air space in the country.
- The major function of the AAI is to provide Air Traffic Management (ATM) services over airspaces that belong to the Indian Territory and the neighbouring oceanic areas and provide CNS (Communication Navigation Surveillance.
Indian Aviation Industry:
- India has become the third largest domestic aviation market in the world and is expected to overtake the UK to become the third largest air passenger market by 2024.
- The government aims to make India a global hub for Aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services.
- To know more about Indian Aviation Industry click here
Source The Hindu
For more updates, Click Here