PIB Analysis 13-10-22
- Prime Minister’s Development Initiative for North East Region (PM-DevINE) has been approved by the Union Cabinet.
- PM-DevINE, is a Central Sector Scheme with 100% Central funding and will be implemented by Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER).
- The PM-DevINE Scheme will have an outlay of Rs.6,600 crore for the four-year period from 2022-23 to 2025-26.
- PM-DevINE will lead to creation of infrastructure, support industries, social development projects and create livelihood activities for youth and women, thus leading to employment generation.
- PM-DevINE will be implemented by Ministry of DoNER through North Eastern Council or Central Ministries/ agencies.
The objectives of PM-DevINE are to:
- Fund infrastructure convergently, in the spirit of PM Gati Shakti;
- Support social development projects based on felt needs of the NER;
- Enable livelihood activities for youth and women;
- Fill the development gaps in various sectors.
PM-DevINE, was announced in the Union Budget 2022-23 to address development gaps in the North Eastern Region (NER).
- INS Tarkash reached Port Gqeberha (also known as Port Elizabeth), South Africa to participate in the seventh edition of IBSAMAR.
- IBSAMAR is a joint multinational maritime exercise among Indian, Brazilian and South African Navies from 10 – 12 Oct 22.
- The Indian Navy is represented by the Teg class guided missile frigate, INS Tarkash, a Chetak helicopter and the personnel from the Marine Commando Force (MARCOS).
- The harbour phase of IBSAMAR VII includes professional exchanges such as damage control and fire-fighting drills, VBSS/cross boarding lectures and interaction among special forces.
- The Joint Maritime Exercise will strengthen maritime security, joint operational training, sharing of best practices and building interoperability to address common maritime threats.