Aero India 2023
#GS 03 Science and Technology
- Aero India is a biennial air show and aviation exhibition held at the Yelahanka Air Force Station, Bengaluru, India.
- The 14th edition of the show will be held from 13 to 17 February 2023 and will have a separate ‘India Pavilion’ which is based on the ‘Fixed Wing Platform’ theme to showcase India’s growth in the aircraft sector.
- Light Combat Aircraft-Tejas Mark 1A (LCA-Tejas) in its Final Operational Clearance (FOC) configuration will be displayed at the center stage of the ‘India Pavilion’
- The five-day event will combine a major trade exhibition of the aerospace and defence industries along with dazzling aerial display by IAF.
- Aero India 2021had delegates from over 55 countries and more than 540 exhibitors.
- LCA Tejas is a single-engine, lightweight, highly agile, multi-role supersonic fighter with quadruplex digital fly-by-wire Flight Control System (FCS) along with associated advanced flight control laws.
- The Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) programme was started by the Government of India in 1984 to replace the ageing Mig 21 fighter planes.
- The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) was established to manage the LCA programme.
- Light, small and tailless multi-role supersonic fighter aircraft.
- Has the ability to carry a range of air-to-air, air-to-surface, precision-guided, weapons.
- Air to air refuelling capability.
- Maximum payload capacity of 4000 kg.
- It can attend the maximum speed of Mach 1.8.
- The range of the aircraft is 3,000km
For more updates Click Here