PIB Analysis 02-11-22
India Water Week 2022
Theme: “WATER SECURITY FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND EQUITY”
- During IWW- 2022, there will be four Technical Sessions comprising of 10 seminars, 10 panels discussions, Events and side events.
- A large group of international and national persons of eminence will be sharing their experiences in the field of water management.
- In addition to this, an exhibition will be running parallelly, supporting the theme and showcasing the technologies, latest development and solutions available for the areas of water management for sustainable development.
- The exhibitors will also have an opportunity of direct contact with thousands of potential clients, highly qualified visitors, and promotional opportunities to find joint ventures to enable them to expand their business in the rapidly growing India water market and to increase brand visibility & image.
- A special side event will be organized by Denmark.
Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
- Various government offices as well as public sector undertakings observed ‘Rashtriya Ekta Diwas’ (National Unity Day) on 31st October 2022 on the occasion of the Birth Anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Each year on 31st October on the birthday of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, indebted Nation celebrates the National Unity Day.
- The observance is a fitting tribute to the great son of India who played a pivotal role in the unification of independent India.
- Department of Youth Affairs and Sports and its affiliate organizations namely Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) and National Service Scheme (NSS) organized Unity Runs on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas’ (National Unity Day).
- The aim was to generate awareness among citizens about the essence of national unity and inculcate the spirit of fraternity and togetherness in the midst of diversity.
- Also, to propagate the message among citizen and popularize the ethos of staying healthy and fit through regular physical activities such as running.
- The NYKS had organised 62,418 activities which included 60,014 runs, 442 bike rallies and 1962 cycle rally.
- Total distance of 94,74,685 Kilometres were covered by the participants.
- The activities were carried out in 5333 blocks covering 61,796 villages. 18,34,217 people (12,12,088 Male and 6,22,129 Female) participated in the events.
- Likewise, 27,704 runs were organised covering 28,307 institutions by NSS in which 36,98,424 people (20,21,16 Male + 16,76,508 Female) participated.