Women in Engineering, Science, and Technology (WEST)
- Women in Engineering, Science, and Technology (WEST) is a new I-STEM (Indian Science Technology and Engineering facilities Map) initiative to empower them to contribute to the science, technology, and innovation ecosystem.
- Women may join the WEST program and can become stakeholders in various domains and pursue careers in R&D at various levels as technicians, technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs.
- The Skill Development programmes under the WEST initiative will provide training for women with S&T backgrounds to brush up on their abilities and become engaged “in the field” as lab technicians and maintenance engineers, filling crucial gaps in the R&D infrastructure of the country.
- I-STEM is a national web portal for sharing research equipment/facilities and is the umbrella under which many programmes for promoting collaborations in R&D and technological innovation among and between academia and industry.
- I-STEM shall provide a platform/forum for women researchers to deliberate on achievements, issues, and exchange ideas on taking the country forward through advances in science, technology, and innovation.
India & UK conducts Counter Ransomware Exercise for 26 Nations
- India’s National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) and the UK Government in collaboration with BAE Systems successfully designed & conducted the Cyber Security Exercise for 26 Countries as part of the International Counter Ransomware Initiative- Resilience Working Group.
- The exercise has been facilitated by BAE Systems via the Immersive Labs platform, and the scenario has been written specifically for the participants based on Threat Intelligence and operational experiences.
- There are over 26 invitees, from CRI Partner Nations and their respective organisations; including Cyber Security, National Crisis Management, National Security Policy, Critical National Infrastructure, and Law Enforcement Agencies.