PIB Analysis 08-11-22
National Bio Energy Programme
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India has notified the National Bioenergy Programme on November 2, 2022.
- MNRE has continued the National Bioenergy Programme for the period from FY 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- The Programme has been recommended for implementation in two Phases.
- The Phase-I of the Programme has been approved with a budget outlay of Rs. 858 crore.
The National Bioenergy Programme will comprises of the following sub-schemes:
- Waste to Energy Programme (Programme on Energy from Urban, Industrial and Agricultural Wastes /Residues) to support setting up of large Biogas, BioCNG and Power plants (excluding MSW to Power projects).
- Biomass Programme (Scheme to Support Manufacturing of Briquettes & Pellets and Promotion of Biomass (non-bagasse) based cogeneration in Industries) to support setting up of pellets and briquettes for use in power generation and non-bagasse based power generation projects.
- Biogas Programme to support setting up of family and medium size Biogas in rural areas.
Charging Infrastructure for Electric Vehicles (EV)
- Ministry of Power issues amendment in the revised consolidated Guidelines & Standards dated for Charging Infrastructure for Electric Vehicles issued by the Ministry on 14.01.2022.
It has been decided to make the following additions in these guidelines:
(a) The public charging stations shall have the feature of prepaid collection of service charges with the time of the day rates and discount for solar hours.
(b) A Committee under Central Electricity Authority (CEA) will periodically recommend to the State Government the ceiling limit of service charges to be levied. This Committee shall also recommend “time of the day rate ” for service charges as well as the discount to be given for charging during solar hours.