PIB Analysis 12-11-22
Terminal 2 of KIA
- The Prime Minister, inaugurated Terminal 2 of Kempegowda International Airport at Bengaluru on 11-11-22.
- Terminal 2 of Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru is built at a cost of around Rs. 5000 crores.
- The terminal will double the passenger handling capacity of the airport to 5-6 crore passengers per annum, from the current capacity of about 2.5 crores.
- Terminal 2 is designed as a tribute to the Garden city of Bengaluru and the passenger experience is meant to be a “walk in the garden”.
- Passengers will travel through 10,000+ square metres of green walls, hanging gardens and outdoor gardens.
- The theme of ‘Naurasa’ unites all the commissioned artworks for Terminal 2.
- The artworks reflect the heritage and culture of Karnataka as well as the broader Indian ethos.
Eat Right Station
- Indian Railways’ Bhopal Railway Station has been awarded a 4- star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification for providing high-quality, nutritious food to passengers.
- This certification is granted by FSSAI to railway stations adhering to standard food storage and hygiene practices.
- The ‘Eat Right Station’ certification is awarded by FSSAI to railway stations that set benchmarks in providing safe and wholesome food to passengers.
- The station is awarded a certificate upon a conclusion of an FSSAI-empanelled third-party audit agency with ratings from 1 to 5.
- The 4-star rating indicates full compliance by the station to ensure safe and hygienic food is available to passengers.
- The certification is part of the ‘Eat Right India’ movement- a large-scale effort by FSSAI to transform the country’s food system to ensure safe, healthy and sustainable food for all Indians.
- Eat Right India adopts a judicious mix of regulatory, capacity building, collaborative, and empowerment approaches to ensure that our food is suitable both for the people and the planet.