PIB Analysis 14-02-23
Aero India 2023
- The 14th edition of Aero India 2023 was inaugurated at Air Force Station, Yelahanka in Bengaluru on 13-02-23.
- The theme of Aero India 2023 is “The Runway to a Billion Opportunities’ and will witness participation by more than 80 countries along with 800 defence companies including around 100 foreign and 700 Indian companies.
- The event will focus on displaying indigenous equipment/technologies and forging partnerships with foreign companies.
- Further, the event will promote the export of indigenous air platforms like Light Combat Aircraft (LCA)-Tejas, HTT-40, Dornier Light Utility Helicopter (LUH), Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) and Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH).
- Major exhibitors in Aero India 2023 include Airbus, Boeing, Dassault Aviation, Lockheed Martin, Israel Aerospace Industry, BrahMos Aerospace, Army Aviation, HC Robotics, SAAB, Safran, Rolls Royce, Larsen & Toubro, Bharat Forge Limited, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) and BEML Limited.
UDAN (Ude Deshka Aam Nagrik)
- Ministry of Civil Aviation has launched Regional Connectivity Scheme – UDAN (UdeDeshkaAamNagrik) on 21.10.2016 to stimulate regional air connectivity and making air travel affordable to the masses.
- UDAN is a market driven scheme.
- Interested airlines based on their assessment of demand on particular routes, submit their proposals at the time of bidding under UDAN.
- As on 31.01.2023, a total number of 73 unserved /underserved airports including 9 Heliports & 2 water aerodromes have been operationalised, since 2017, under the UDAN scheme.
- UDAN is an ongoing scheme where bidding rounds are conducted from time to time for covering more destinations/stations and routes under the scheme.
- UDAN is a self-financing scheme.
For more updates Click Here