“Promotion of Bulk Drug Parks”
- Scheme for “Promotion of Bulk Drug Parks”: provides for financial assistance to three States (Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh) for establishing Bulk Drug Parks
- It aims to bring down the cost of manufacturing of bulk drugs by creation of world class common infrastructure facilities supported by the Central Government and thereby increase the competitiveness of the domestic bulk drug industry.
- The Indian Pharmaceutical industry is the 3rd largest in the world by volume. India exported pharmaceuticals worth Rs. 1,75,040 crores in the financial year 2021-22, including Bulk Drugs/ Drug Intermediates.
- India is one of the major producers of Active Pharma Ingredients (API) or bulk drugs in the world. India exported Bulk Drugs/ Drug Intermediates worth Rs. 33,320 crores in the financial year 2021-22.
- However, the country also imports various Bulk Drugs/ APIs for producing medicines from various countries.
- The Government strives to minimize the country’s dependence on imports and to give fillip to indigenous manufacturing.
- e-Awas portal will allow houses which are constructed by one force and are lying vacant to be available for personnel of other CAPFs.
- This will increase the Housing Satisfaction Ratio by 13 percent without even constructing a single building.
- The Housing Satisfaction Ratio was around 33 per cent in 2014, which is 48 per cent today.
For more updates click here