National Tribal Dance Festival
#GS-02 Social Justice
About National Tribal Dance Festival:
- Artists from 10 countries take part in National Tribal Dance Festival in Chhattisgarh, showcasing talent and getting a glimpse of Indian culture.
- The three-day-festival, kicking off on the foundation day of the state, is being held from November 1 to 3 at Science College.
- The international contingent, comprising artists from Mozambique, Mongolia, Togo, Russia, Indonesia, the Maldives, Serbia, New Zealand, Rwanda and Egypt, participated in the event.
- About 1500 tribal artists will take part in the event of which 1400 will be from India and 100 will be from other countries.
- The festival will have several competitions in two categories and prizes worth ₹20 lakh will be given to the winners.
- The 1,500 artists performed with Chhattisgarh and Sikkim bagging the top prizes in the competitive categories.
- The award includes cash prizes of ₹5 lakh, ₹3 lakh, and ₹2 lakh to the first, second, and third winners respectively.
- The festival was organized for the first time in the year 2019.
- There are 42 tribes and 5 special backward tribes reside in the state of Chhattisgarh which comprises of one-third of the total population of the state.