Vertical Launch Short Range Surface-to-Air Missile
- Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Navy successfully flight-tested Vertical Launch Short Range Surface-to-Air Missile (VL-SRSAM) from the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast of Odisha on August 23, 2022.
- The missiles are equipped with indigenous Radio Frequency (RF) seeker.
- The VL-SRSAM system has been indigenously designed and developed by DRDO.
Cow dung to Compressed Biogas Project
- The project is being developed under GOBAR-Dhan scheme as a part of the Biodegradable Waste Management component under Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen).
- This will be HPCL’s first project under the Waste to Energy portfolio.
- The plant is proposed to utilize 100 Tons per day of dung to produce biogas, which can be utilized as automotive fuel.
Study of dust from cosmic dance of a white dwarf and companion star could unravel mysteries behind start of life
- The team from SN Bose Centre for Basic Science (SNBCBS), an autonomous institute of Department of Science and Technology (DST) used the data on infrared spectra of the imploding novae and constructed simple models which helped them estimate its parameters like hydrogen density, temperature, luminosity and elemental abundances during pre- and post-dust phase.
- They have found a high abundance of certain elements like carbon, nitrogen and oxygen in the ejecta along with a mixture of small amorphous carbon dust grains and large astrophysical silicate dust grains.
SOURCE: THE HINDU
For more updates click here